Skip to content

Not ideal, but holding on

June 12, 2012

So, as some of you may or may not know I have have a pretty crappy weekend! I decided to go to my parent’s house for the weekend to get some help with my kiddos while my husband has AT for the national guard. The weekend started out fine, but on Saturday morning I was walking up the stairs at my parent’s house and I tripped and fell forward. I was trying to avoid two excited 2-year-olds who were so happy to see me and two dogs that were jumping all over because they needed to go outside. I blinked and next thing I know it I was on my hands and knees at the top of the stairs. Being 30 weeks pregnant with twins has not made me the most graceful person on Earth!

I was a little sore after falling so I basically took it easy for a few hours. At about 3pm I had noticed I had not felt the babies move in about an hour and half, which is so unlike the Ninjas!! So I called my doc and she said to go in for a non-stress test to make sure they babies were okay. I did this and went to the local hospital for monitoring. The babes checked out fine so they sent me home at about 6pm. At about 8pm my back started to hurt, BAD! I tried to just chalk it up to a rough day, but it just would not stop hurting. At 11pm I went upstairs and woke up my Dad to take me to the hospital again since it was hurting so much. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle or there was something going on with my kidney because that is where the pain was in my back. We went in and the nurses hooked me up to the monitors to see if I was having contractions. Sure enough, I was contracting every 2-5 mins. I felt pain, but not really contraction like pain. It wasn’t until they checked me and told me that I was 4 cm dilated that everyone started to get pretty excited, especially me! I was freaking out!!

Next thing I know I have a team of nurses and all around me getting samples, starting IV’s, giving me a steroid shot and starting magnesium. The Doctor came in and told me that they were sending me to Sioux Falls for preterm labor. Guess who got her first helicopter ride, this girl right here! Not exactly what I was wanting, but they got me to a hospital that could handle my situation a little better. I was on magnesium and constant monitoring for over 24 hours and we were able to stop the contractions. This is great because these babies are not ready to come out yet!!

By Monday, things were getting better and better. Ninjas are both looking great, labor is stopped and I’m on hospital bed rest! So now here I sit in my hospital bed savoring every day that I can keep them in. Ideally I would like to be in here for the next 5-6 weeks just so I can grow these little babes as close to full term as possible. This is definitely not the way I thought this was going to go about with this pregnancy, but we are holding strong and I will do whatever it takes to keep my unborn babies in as long as possible. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers and I will try to update as much as possible, God knows I have the time now. This is not the ideal situation,  but we are holding on!!

P.S. Today I got to put my own clothes on and not a hospital gown, that to me is a victory! No more butt hanging out 😉

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s